The development of a high-performance hybrid integration platform is demonstrated using an all-optical wavelength converter based on an integrated semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA) Mach-Zehnder interferometer (MZI). The device structure, transfer functions, power penalties and regenerative properties are presented for data rates up to 10 Gb/s.
- Mach-Zehnder interferometers
- hybrid integrated circuits
- integrated optics
- integrated optoelectronics
- optical fibre communication
- optical wavelength conversion
- semiconductor optical amplifiers