The fungus Hortaea werneckii isolated from the Mediterranean sponge Aplysina aerophoba, collected at Banyuls-sur-Mer in southern France, yielded a new compound named hortein (1), which possesses a unique ring system hitherto unknown for natural products. The structure of 1 was established on the basis of 1D and 2D NMR spectroscopic and mass spectrometric (ESI, CI, FAB, EI) data.
- magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Mediterranean sea
- microbial sensitivity tests
- aromatic polycyclic hydrocarbons
- spectrometry, mass, electrospray ionization
- spectrometry, mass, fast atom bombardment