Green Human Resource Management (GHRM) and Green Supply Chain Management (GSCM) are popular subjects in the areas of human resource management (HRM) and operations management (OM), respectively. Although scholars in each of these areas are advancing the roles of GSCM and GHRM in building more sustainable organizations, there has been a significant delay in the integration of these two contemporary subjects, based on a greater gap in the integration of HRM and supply chain management (SCM). Thus, the aims of this study are to propose a synergistic and integrative framework for the GHRM-GSCM relationship and to propose a research agenda for this integration. After reaching these goals, this article emphasizes the implications of GHRM-GSCM integration for scholars, managers, and practitioners in the areas of organizational sustainability and truly sustainable supply chains.
- green supply chain management (GSCM)
- green human resource management (GHRM)
- supply chain management (SCM)
- human resource management (HRM)
- sustainable operations management
- sustainable supply chain management (SSCM)
- organizational sustainability