This work within The SAGE Reference Series on Leadership will provide undergraduate students with an authoritative reference resource on political and civic leadership. To avoid content overlap with other works in the series, this 2-volume set will be centered on the 100 most important topics, issues, question, and debates specific to politics and civic society. By focusing on 100 key topics, we hope to provide students with more detailed information and depth of discussion than typically found in an encyclopedia entry but not as much jargon, detail or density as a journal article or a research handbook chapter.
|Title of host publication||Political and Civic Leadership: a reference handbook|
|Number of pages||1176|
|Publication status||Published - Nov 2010|
|Name||SAGE Reference Series on Leadership|
- political and civic leadership
- personalities and environments of political leaders
- governance and allegiance roles
- citizen activists and civic engagement
- political campaigning
- urban politics and leadership
- public management
- ethics in politics
- policy development and implementation
- executive management of public opinionpolitical speechmaking and the "bully pulpit" Congressional leadershipcrisis management.