In the middle ages and into the seventeenth century the parish of St Laurence of Canterbury in Mearns was usually referred to as Conveth, and the Parish Kirk was the Kirk on Conveth. Only later did the modern name Laurencekirk gain currency.
- Queen Margaret
- Scottish history
MacQuarrie, A. (1996). An eleventh-century account of the foundation legend of Laurencekirk, and of Queen Margaret's pilgrimage there. Innes Review, 47(2), 95-109. https://doi.org/10.3366/inr.1918.104.22.168