Projects per year
Chancellor's Research Fellow
My field of expertise lies in the characterization of biologics and nanomedicine formulation attributes and in vivo performance using traditional and novel analytical approaches.
Areas of research interest in my lab are summarized as follows;
- Understanding environmental and physicochemical determinants of solution-phase formulation stability.
- Determining key critical quality attributes in particle design to inform optimal in vivo performance.
- Evaluation of nanomedicine interaction with biological media, and the mechanism of cellular uptake in two- and three-dimensional cellular models.
- Applying novel imaging modalities for evaluating drug and nanoparticle biodistribution, and impact on tumor response.
- The interplay between the tumour microenvironment and nanomedicine in vivo performance with a view to developing biorelevant in vitro tests.
My lab is also interested in understanding the biological drivers of disease in lupus and oncology with a view to developing new diagnostics and therapeutics.
I am passionate about improving access to education, achievement and realizing potential for young budding scientists and am open to local STEM and healthcare-related widening participation initiatives. I am co-director (Pharmacy) with Dr Margaret Cunningham (Biomedical Sciences) for outreach in the Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences.
Master of Pharmacy, University of Manchester
Sep 2004 → May 2008
Doctor of Philosophy
Sep 2009 → May 2013
- Drug Delivery
- Drug development
- Protein aggregation
- Cancer therapy
Research Output per year
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Metabolic dysregulation in vitamin E and carnitine shuttle energy mechanisms associate with human frailtyRattray, N. J. W., Trivedi, D. K., Xu, Y., Chandola, T., Johnson, C. H., Marshall, A. D., Mekli, K., Rattray, Z., Tampubolon, G., Vanhoutte, B., White, I. R., Wu, F. C. W., Pendleton, N., Nazroo, J. & Goodacre, R., 5 Nov 2019, In : Nature Communications. 10, 1, 12 p., 5027.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Activities per year
Activity: Membership types › Membership of committee