Projects per year
My background is in psychology and my interests include work psychology and organisational behaviour, risk perception and communication, automatic processing, implicit measurement, priming, emotion, and decision making. I also have a particular interest in method development which forms the basis of my thesis.
I currently teach (or have previously taught) several subjects within the HRM department including Work Psychology, Advanced Organisational Behaviour, Introductory Statistics, Research Methods, and the Psychology of Risk. I am also involved in developing materials for a new MSc in Psychology (with Business), in conjunction with the department of Psychology.
- Work Psychology and Organizational Behaviour.
- Risk perception and communication.
- Automatic processing and implicit measurement.
- Priming, emotion, and decision making.
Expertise & Capabilities
- Psychology of Risk
- Implicit Meaurement
- Quantitative Methods and Analysis
- Work & Organisational Psychology.
- Work Psychology for HRM.
- Data Analysis (Introductory Statistics).
- Quantitative Methods (Questionnaire Design).
- Foundations of Risk, Psychology of Risk.
1/10/12 → 10/03/17
Project: Research Studentship - Internally Allocated › Research Studentship (Internally Allocated)
Research Output per year
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution book
Measuring risk perception and risk-taking behaviour when driven by automatic cognitive processing: the development of new methodsAuthor: McCarthy, J. A., 1 Oct 2015
Supervisor: Revie, M. (Supervisor) & (Supervisor)
Student thesis: Doctoral Thesis