Projects per year
Expertise & Capabilities
I have over 30 years research experience in energy and the built environment. Research topics include:
- Buildings and the urban environment
- Net Zero buildings and communities
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Building-integrated renewable energy systems
- Hydrogen and fuel cells
- Novel building integrated wind power devices
- Solar thermal technologies
- Thermal energy storage including phase change materials (PCM)
- Simulation-based control of buildings
- Modelling and monitoring of building energy performance
- Modelling and testing of low and zero carbon energy technologies
- Probabalistic modelling of climate, building occupancy and energy use
- Simulation software development.
Doctor of Philosophy, UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE
Award Date: 1 Jan 1998
Master of Science, UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE
Award Date: 1 Jan 1993
Bachelor of Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE
Award Date: 1 Jan 1992
- 12 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Assessing the ability of roof-mounted photovoltaic (PV) canopies to support electric vehicle (EV) charging in citiesKelly, N. J., Allison, J., Flett, G. & Hand, J. W., 12 Nov 2020. 8 p.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile18 Downloads (Pure)
A multi-period mixed integer linear program for assessing the benefits of power to heat storage in a dwelling energy systemOluleye, G., Allison, J., Kelly, N. & Hawkes, A., 4 Jul 2018, 28th European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering. Friedl, A., Klemeš, J. J., Radl, S., Varbanov, P. S. & Wallek, T. (eds.). Amsterdam, p. 1451-1456 6 p. (Computer Aided Chemical Engineering; vol. 43).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution book
Script for calculating thermal energy storage sizing for energy flexibility over varying timescales.
Kelly, Nicolas (Recipient), Arnaud Ete (Recipient), O. Ulleberg (Recipient) & G. Hoffheinz (Recipient), Jul 2008
Prize: Other distinction
Nicolas Kelly (Speaker)3 Mar 2021
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Invited talk
Building performance simulation with computational modelling software enables practitioners to realise a low carbon built environment.
Impact: Impact - for External Portal › Environment and sustainability - natural world and built environment, Professional practice, training and standardsFile