Projects per year
Academic / Professional qualifications
Doctor of Education, University of Strathclyde
Master of Education, University of Strathclyde
Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Learning & Leadership, University of Stirling
Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Business Studies and Professional Education, First Class & Distinction in Teaching, University of Stirling
Educational policy, policy conceptions, ontological and epistemological views of policy, contextual influences on policy, critical policy analysis, positioning theory.
Associate Director of Postgraduate Research
Member of the PGDE Course Management Team and PGDE Business Education Coordinator.
Leader of PGDE Professional Practice (Secondary Education).
- X3814 Policy and Practice: Early Career Development
- X3822 Contexts for Leadership
- X9798 Contemporary Contexts for Teacher Learning and Teachers' Work
- X7432 Policy and Politics in Education
- X9585 Curriculum and Pedagogy: Business Education
- X9575 Professional Skills: Professional Practice (Secondary Education)
- X9646 Methods of Enquiry, Literature and Scholarship
- X9645 Advanced Research Methods and Thesis Proposal
- X9574 Professional Learning Through Enquiry
- X9573 Educational Studies: Professional Values
- X9797 How Teachers Learn
- Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral supervision
Lee is the Associate Director for Postgraduate Research in the School of Education. He joined the University of Strathclyde's School of Education on a full-time basis in August 2019, having worked in the further and secondary education sectors for 13 years. He completed his Masters and Doctorate in Education at Strathclyde.
Lee is also a member of the PGDE Course Management Team and leads the Professional Practice (Secondary) module. He coordinates the PGDE Business Education course and teaches on a variety of Undergraduate and Postgraduate modules, mainly in relation to education policy.
He is interested in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students (inc PhD/EdD) in relation to education policy.
He is currently working on his submission for Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
Coutts, L., 1 Apr 2020, 2nd ed. Glasgow. 208 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Book
Coutts, L., 1 Nov 2018. 1 p.
Research output: Contribution to conference › PosterOpen AccessFile44 Downloads (Pure)
Lee Coutts (Member)2006 → …
Activity: Membership types › Membership of council