Research Output per year
- Development of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) methods of thermal/chemical processes.
- Biomass characterization:fuel properties, kinetics, ignition, thermal conversion behaviour.
- Biomass combustion & co-firing: large percentage biomass substitutions; ash related problems and aerosol formations.
- Second generation biofuels production & upgrading by torrefaction, pyrolysis, gasification, and synthesis.
- Integrated energy systems: biomass and solar system combination; co-processing biomass/bio-oil in oil refinery; advanced clean combustion technologies
- Ash related challenges: release mechanism and kinetics of alkali metals; removal of inherent alkali metals at fuel processing stage.
Expertise & Capabilities
- Numerical simulation of turbulence reacting flow, multiphase flow, and heat transfer,
- Biomass fuel characterization and thermal conversion performances analysis,
- Clean combustion technologies & applications (i.e. flameless, volumetric, and oxyfuel combustion),
- Analysis and optimization of thermochemical processes and energy systems,
- Techno-economic and environmental assessment of energy systems.
Doctor of Philosophy, KTH - Royal Institute of Technology
15 Jun 2010 → 17 Feb 2014
Master of Engineering, North China Electric Power University
10 Sep 2007 → 1 Apr 2010
- Energy efficiency, energy optimisation, energy modelling, demand side management, renewable energy, hybrid energy systems.
- Thermal analysis
- Renewable energy technology
Project: Projects from Previous Employment › Knowledge Exchange (Facilities and Equipment Services)
Experimental study on the influences of operating parameters on the retention of potassium during the biomass combustionCao, W., Peshkur, T., Lue, L. & Li, J., 28 Feb 2019, In : Energy Procedia. 158, p. 1033-1038 6 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Conference article
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper
Activities per year
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Participation in conference
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Participation in workshop, seminar, course