Research Output per year
My research focuses on building neural networks with photonic and optical hardware for ultrafast and efficient information porcessing. I have worked with different systems and concepts including:
- Photonic neurons: edge emitter laser, VCSELs, and even Spatial Light Modulators.
- Kinds of Neurons: excitable/spiking and chaotic.
- Architectures: Feed Forward Networks, Recurrent Neural Networks, Reservoirs, and Time Delay Reservoirs.
- Trainings: Supervised Learning, and Reinforced Learning.
- Applications: prediction (e.g. prediciton of chaotic timeseries) and classification tasks (e.g. equalizators, nonlinear compensation for improved SNR...).
- Optical systems in fiber based and free space optics.
Each feature has its own advantages and challenges, impacting in the overall device specifications and performance. I study their properties and capabilities, what they can do and why they can do it, because I want to design and build the most efficient and capable neural networks, operating at the speed of light, and harnessing the computational power of nonlinear systems.
I am eager to include more hardware and ideas into the mix. Feel free to contact me if you have some idea that could help us both.
- Semiconductor Lasers
- Nonlinear dynamics
- Neural Networks
- Reservoir Computing
- Nonlinear Photonics
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article