Projects per year
I am a Lecturer and a Strathclyde Chancellor’s Fellow in the Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering. I obtained my PhD in Wind Energy Maintenance Cost and Turbine Reliability from the EPSRC Wind Energy Systems CDT, hosted at the University of Strathclyde. Following my PhD I was awarded an EPSRC Doctoral Prize to research wind turbine component failure and remaining useful life prediction. I continue to carry out research in both the areas of my PhD and Post Doc, as well as the area of novel wind turbine concept development.
Before my time at the University of Starthclyde I worked for a wind turbine developer in Germany and a wind turbine manufacturer and operator in both Germany and Denmark. My research is driven and made possible by close links to a number of leading wind turbine developers, manufacturers and operators.
My research focuses on the wind energy area, both onshore and offshore. I have a particular interest in:
- Wind turbine reliability
- O&M cost modelling
- Wind Turbine cost of energy modelling
- The impact of turbine drive train selection on reliability and cost
- Wind turbine component condition monitoring
- Wind turbine component failure prediction
- Wind turbine component remaining useful life prediction based on data driven machine learning approaches and physical modelling approaches
- SCADA and Vibration data analytics
- Novel wind turbine concept development
1/04/19 → 30/09/27
Project: Research - Studentship
Research Output per year
A review of wind turbine main-bearings: design, operation, modelling, damage mechanisms and fault detectionHart, E., Clarke, B., Nicholas, G., Kazemi Amiri, A., Stirling, J., Carroll, J., Dwyer-Joyce, R., McDonald, A. & Long, H., 15 Jan 2020, In : Wind Energy Science. 5, 1, p. 105-124 20 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract