Projects per year
- Modelling and control of complex systems including chemical and biochemical engineering processes, biological systems, wind energy systems, robotic systems.
- Model-based systems analysis such as local and global sensitivity analysis, bifurcation analysis, uncertainty analysis mainly for biological and biochemical networks.
- Optimal and robust experimental design for data-based model calibration and validation.
Dr Hong Yue works at the Wind Energy and Control Centre, Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde. She joined the University in 2007, having previously worked as a researcher at Manchester University and an associate professor at the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Her research interests are modelling, control and optimisation for complex systems.
Dr. Hong Yue teaches a range of control relevant modules for students at undergraduate, MSc and PhD levels. She's been course registrar and/or lecturer for the following modules.
- EM501, 5th year EME Group Project Coordinator (2014 - present)
- EE472/EE972, Control Principles (2011 - present), for final year undergraduate and MSc students.
- EE582/EE982, Control Techniques (2011 - present), for 5th-year undergraduate and MSc students.
- EE960 (formerly EE9X3), Wind Turbine Control (2010 - present), for PhD students at EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind Energy Systems.
- EE984, Wind Turbine Control (2013 - present), for MSc students in Wind Energy.
- Matlab/Simulink training for PhD students at EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind Energy Systems (2009 - 2011)
- Automatic Control Technology (2012 - present), for undergraduate students at '2+2' partner university, Shanghai University of Electric Power, Shanghai, China.
- EE905, Control of Industrial Processes (2008-2011), for final year undergraduate students and MSc students.
- EE909, Computer Control Systems Methods (2008-2009), for MSc students.
- 19370/19268, Integrating Study (2007-2011), supervision of students’ hands-on lab sessions for control systems design.
- Engineering Analysis (2007-2008), for final year undergraduate students.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Sustainable impact by design: a pilot study of effective STEM dissemination for hard-to-reach audiences
Gonzalez-Longo, C., Essex, J., Hendry, M., Cunningham, M. R., Giovelli, N., Ivaturi, A., Li, R., Maddock, C., Somorin, T., Yue, H. & Egea Alvarez, A.
1/04/21 → 31/10/23
Project: Internally funded project
BTG- Researcher-led Project
Yue, H., Marshall, S. & Yu, J.
5/09/11 → …
Project: Internally funded project
A tensile rotary airborne wind energy system - modelling, analysis and improved designTulloch, O., Yue, H., Kazemi Amiri, A. M. & Read, R., 9 Mar 2023, In: Energies. 16, 6, 42 p., 2610.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Influence of advertisement control to residential energy savings in large networksDu, F., Yue, H. & Zhang, J., 1 Mar 2023, In: Applied Energy. 333, 12 p., 120661.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Downloads (Pure)
Hong Yue (Host)1 Sep 2022 → 19 Aug 2023
Activity: Hosting a visitor types › Hosting an academic visitor
David Campos-Gaona (Guest editor) & Hong Yue (Guest editor)Feb 2021 → Sep 2022
Activity: Publication peer-review and editorial work types › Journal or guest editorship