Projects per year
- Modelling and control of complex systems including chemical and biochemical engineering processes, biological systems, wind energy systems, robotic systems.
- Model-based systems analysis such as local and global sensitivity analysis, bifurcation analysis, uncertainty analysis mainly for biological and biochemical networks.
- Optimal and robust experimental design for data-based model calibration and validation.
Dr Hong Yue works at the Wind Energy and Control Centre, Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde. She joined the University in 2007, having previously worked as a researcher at Manchester University and an associate professor at the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Her research interests are modelling, control and optimisation for complex systems.
Dr. Hong Yue teaches a range of control relevant modules for students at undergraduate, MSc and PhD levels. She's been course registrar and/or lecturer for the following modules.
- EM501, 5th year EME Group Project Coordinator (2014 - present)
- EE472/EE972, Control Principles (2011 - present), for final year undergraduate and MSc students.
- EE582/EE982, Control Techniques (2011 - present), for 5th-year undergraduate and MSc students.
- EE960 (formerly EE9X3), Wind Turbine Control (2010 - present), for PhD students at EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind Energy Systems.
- EE984, Wind Turbine Control (2013 - present), for MSc students in Wind Energy.
- Matlab/Simulink training for PhD students at EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind Energy Systems (2009 - 2011)
- Automatic Control Technology (2012 - present), for undergraduate students at '2+2' partner university, Shanghai University of Electric Power, Shanghai, China.
- EE905, Control of Industrial Processes (2008-2011), for final year undergraduate students and MSc students.
- EE909, Computer Control Systems Methods (2008-2009), for MSc students.
- 19370/19268, Integrating Study (2007-2011), supervision of students’ hands-on lab sessions for control systems design.
- Engineering Analysis (2007-2008), for final year undergraduate students.
1/06/19 → 31/05/22
1/10/16 → 1/10/20
Project: Research Studentship - Internally Allocated
Research Output per year
Research output: Contribution to journal › Conference Contribution
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Student thesis: Doctoral Thesis
Activities per year
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Organiser of major conference