Projects per year
- Optimisation of microstructure and mechanical behaviour of Titanium alloys by open-die hot forging process.
- Developing lab scale test methods to study mechanical behaviour of metallic alloys under different loading conditions.
- Formability of sheet metals of Ni based super alloys, Ti alloys and Al alloys by developing strain based forming limit curves.
- Optimization of sheet metal forming processes by optical 3D forming analysis and 3D scanning techniques.
- Deformation mechanisms involved in grain refinement of High Strength Aluminium alloys and CP-Ti alloys by severe plastic deformation.
- Shear Formability of Nickel based super alloys, martensitic and austenitic stainless steels used for making aero engine parts.
- Microstructure based Representative Volume Element Approach to simulate the deformation behaviour of Dual Phase Titanium alloys using Virtual Tensile tests
- Finite element modelling approach to predict the influence of microstructural parameters on stress- strain curves.
- Stress induced transformation in Titanium alloys during thermomechanical treatments
- Artificial neural network to flow stress under different loading conditions.
- Alloy development for aero engine applications by Powder metallurgy and Additive routes.
- Weldability studies on Ni superalloys and stainless steel using FSW, GTAW, LBW and EBW
Expertise & Capabilities
- Physical metallurgy of Aluminium, Titanium and Nickel alloys
- Microstructural characterization using TEM, SEM and EBSD
- Bulk texture analysis using X-ray diffraction and neutron diffraction.
- Correlating the microstructure and mechanical properties
- Failure analysis of materials tested under different loading/testing conditions.
- Familiarity in mechanical and physical testing standards developed by ASTM
- Provide metallurgical analysis interpretation and root cause analysis.
Doctor of Philosophy, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
Award Date: 1 Jan 2012
Mechanical response and microstructure evolution of commercially pure titanium subjected to repetitive bending under tensionTamimi, S., Sivaswamy, G., Siddiq, M. A., Rahimi, S., Leacock, A. & Blackwell, P., 31 Aug 2020, In: Materials & Design. 193, 17 p., 108814.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile3 Downloads (Pure)
Tamimi, S., Moturu, S., Amirkhiz, B. S., Sivaswamy, G., Parameswaran, E. & Blackwell, P., 3 Jul 2019, (Accepted/In press). 1 p.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile8 Downloads (Pure)
Giribaskar Sivaswamy (Invited speaker)14 Dec 2020 → 18 Dec 2020
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Key-note speaker and plenary lectures at conferences
Giribaskar Sivaswamy (Keynote speaker)10 Sep 2020
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Invited talk