Projects per year
- Optimisation of microstructure and mechanical behaviour of Titanium alloys by the open-die hot forging process.
- Developing lab-scale test methods to study the mechanical behaviour of metallic alloys under different loading conditions.
- Formability of sheet metals of Ni-based superalloys, Ti alloys and Al alloys by developing strain-based forming limit curves.
- Optimization of sheet metal forming processes by optical 3D forming analysis and 3D scanning techniques.
- Deformation mechanisms involved in grain refinement of High Strength Aluminium alloys and CP-Ti alloys by severe plastic deformation.
- Shear Formability of Nickel-based superalloys, martensitic and austenitic stainless steels used for making aero-engine parts.
- Microstructure based Representative Volume Element Approach to simulate the deformation behaviour of Dual-Phase Titanium alloys using Virtual Tensile tests
- Finite element modelling approach to predict the influence of microstructural parameters on stress-strain curves.
- Stress-induced transformation in Titanium alloys during thermomechanical treatments
- The artificial neural network to predict flow stress under different loading conditions.
- Alloy development for aero-engine applications by Powder metallurgy and Additive routes.
- Weldability studies on Ni superalloys and stainless steel using FSW, GTAW, LBW and EBW
Expertise & Capabilities
- Physical metallurgy of Aluminium, Titanium and Nickel alloys
- Microstructural characterization using TEM, SEM and EBSD
- Bulk texture analysis using X-ray diffraction and neutron diffraction.
- Correlating the microstructure and mechanical properties
- Failure analysis of materials tested under different loading/testing conditions.
- Familiarity in mechanical and physical testing standards developed by ASTM
- Provide metallurgical analysis interpretation and root cause analysis.
Doctor of Philosophy, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
Award Date: 1 Jan 2012
- 12 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Tamimi, S., Sivaswamy, G., Pirgazi, H., Amirkhiz, B. S., Moturu, S., Siddiq, M. A., Kockelmann, W. & Blackwell, P., 31 Aug 2021, In: Materials & Design. 206, 18 p., 109750.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile2 Downloads (Pure)
Effect of texture and mechanical anisotropy on flow behaviour in Ti-6Al-4V alloy under superplastic forming conditionsda Silva, L., Sivaswamy, G., Sun, L. & Rahimi, S., 5 Jul 2021, In: Materials Science and Engineering: A. 819, 17 p., 141367.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review
Giribaskar Sivaswamy (Invited speaker)14 Dec 2020 → 18 Dec 2020
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Key-note speaker and plenary lectures at conferences
Giribaskar Sivaswamy (Keynote speaker)10 Sep 2020
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Invited talk