Projects per year
I was admitted as a solicitor in 1993, and practised with Messrs. Campbell, Riddle Breeze, Chapman and also Messrs. A&S Ireland. While in private practice, my interests lay in Conveyancing and Private Client work. I have always been interested in legal education and joined the Law School as a part time tutor on the Diploma in Legal Practice in 1999. I then became a permanent member of the Diploma team in August 2007.
As Deputy Director, I play a key role in the management of the programme and the development of learning projects. In more detail I:-
- liaises with and supports colleague tutors in the profession
- reviews and develops course programmes and materials
- maintains and fosters links with other educational institutions
- provides academic and pastoral support for students
- tutors in Conveyancing, Private Client and Practice Management
- provides training to the Standardised Clients
- generally supports project work undertaken by students and in particular the Private Client and Conveyancing transactional learning projects; and generally
- facilitates communication between the University and the legal profession.
Bachelor of Laws, University of Dundee
Student Transitions through and/or beyond Strathclyde (to progress the QAA Student Transitions Enhancement Theme within Strathclyde). Transition to employment-Alumni stories about dyslexia from the Civil Engineering and Law disciplines.
3/04/17 → 1/08/17
Project: Internally funded project › Human Investigation