I graduated from the University of Strathclyde with an Honours degree in Psychology in 2009. I briefly worked for the Positive Mental Attitudes Mental Health Project as a support worker and also trained as a person-centred counsellor.
Since 2010 I have been working under Prof Marion Bennie as part of the Pharmacoepidemiology & Health Care Research Group (PEHCR) in SIPBS, Strathcldye.
Research Interests/Projects conducted here at SIPBS Include:
- Cancer Medicines Outcomes Programme (CMOP) (Phase 1 2016-2019, Phase 2 2020-2023): Scottish Government funded programme in collaboration with NHS Greater Gloasgow & Clyde (NHS GG&C)- the qualitative work stream involves exploring the collection and utilisation of Patient Reported Outcime Measures (PROMs) as part of routine care, and the dissemination and communication of CMOP outputs to the wider patient and public / public engagement. Also involved in the formation of the Scottish Cancer PROMs Advisory Group (early 2021).
- Evaluation of Auatomated Technology (EAT) in Community Pharmacy (2017 - 2018): Scottish Government Funded pilot evaluating the workforce, clinical and business outcomes of automation in community pharmacy.
- Macmillan Pharmacist Facilitator Project Greater Glasgow & Clyde (2010-present) (WINNER of the 2015 Scottish Pharmacist Awards for Innovation & Change in Pharmacy Practice)
- Conducting interviews with patients and carers on the palliative care they recieve from community pharmacy. Involved with various other aspects of the project.
- Evaluation (April-October 2014) Evaluating certain aspects of the existing service, with particualr attention paid to community-based patient advice services among other elements.
- Evaluation (November 2014-October 2015) Evaluating face to face and online-based palliative care training for community pharmacy counter staff
- Macmillan Rural Palliative Care Pharmacist Practitioner Project (2012-present) Working in the Skye, Kyle & Lochalsh area, this project aims to establish the gaps and strengths of the end of life/palliative pharmacy-based services in this rural project area. Funded by Boots PLC, NHS Highland and Macmillan
- NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde Pharmacy Re-design (2010-2016)- conducting interviews and focus groups with pharmacy staff experiencing the largest pharmacy distribution re-design in the world. Worked in conjunction with Management Science in the Business School. Work spanned 2 phases.
- SMC Evaluation Programme- interviewing Clinical Experts on their engagement with the Scottish Medicines Consortium. Interviewing Finance and Pharmacy representatives from NHS Health Boards on their use of the Forward Look Horizon Scanning Report.
During my degree, my main interests in Psychology focused around body image and identity, suicide, and the behaviours and patterns of serial killers and stalkers. My research at University revolves around qualitative methods.
Honours degree in Psychology from the University of Strathclyde.
Obtained qualification in Counselling Skills from Napier University, and volunteered as a Counsellor for the Alcohol Counselling Team in Lanarkshire.