Projects per year
Eleni (Lenia) Tsougkou is a Lecturer in Marketing at the Department of Marketing of the University of Strathclyde. She has a wide spectrum of academic background in business, ranging from economics to marketing management. She has obtained her PhD in International Marketing from Loughborough University (UK). She also holds a master’s degree in Advertising and Marketing from Leeds University Business School (UK), as well as an undergraduate degree in Economic and Regional Development from Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences (Athens, Greece). During and in between her studies she gained work experience, both in the marketing side of the industry as well as in the agency side, holding mostly account handling responsibilities.
Eleni has a wide spectrum of research interests within the area of the firm’s international activities and marketing management.
Her major research interest concerns international business from a marketing perspective and tackles aspects such as:
- International marketing (e.g. international marketing strategy, export marketing & entry modes, global branding and global brand management, global consumer behaviour)
- International Entrepreneurship (e.g. entrepreneurial orientation, innovativeness, competitive aggressiveness)
- The role of formal and informal institutions in firms’ international activities and performance (e.g. network ties, emerging markets)
Her doctoral thesis has focused on investigating how export product adaptation affects customer value creation. She is currently involved in a multi-country project examining “Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century” and specifically tackling issues such as export product adaptation, innovativeness, entry-mode and international CSR.
On the side, Eleni is also interested in aspects of marketing management related to:
- Digital marketing/(online) brand management
- Consumer psychology & behaviour (e.g. the role of emotions in marketing settings, consumer engagement, attitudes and intentions)
She holds experience both in:
- Quantitative research (regression analysis & SEM-structural equation modelling)
- Qualitative research (e.g. interviews), preferably as part of a mixed methods approach
Her work is frequently presented in international conferences and she is extremely keen on supervising students on any of the above-mentioned research areas.
Eleni is teaching both at the undergraduate and the postgraduate levels. She is the class coordinator for the honours module of International Business Management. She also teaches Strategic Global Marketing for the students of the MSc International Marketing programme and Dissertation Skills for the MSc Marketing students.
Expertise & Capabilities
- International marketing
- Exporting, international marketing strategy and entreprenseurship
- Marketing management and consumer behavior within digital, online, and interactive marketing settings
- Structural Equation Modelling (SEM)
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Award Date: 18 Jun 2017
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Panhale, T., Bryce, D. & Tsougkou, E., 26 Sep 2022, (E-pub ahead of print) In: Journal of Marketing Management. 28 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile6 Downloads (Pure)
Exploring sources and traits of the co-created digital brand personality across social media platforms: a multi-site netnographyGhorbani, M., Tonner, A. & Tsougkou, E., 7 Jul 2022.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract › peer-review