Projects per year
Eleni (Lenia) Tsougkou is a Lecturer in Marketing at the Department of Marketing of the University of Strathclyde. She has a wide spectrum of academic background in business, ranging from economics to marketing management. She has obtained her PhD in International Marketing from Loughborough University (UK). She also holds a master’s degree in Advertising and Marketing from Leeds University Business School (UK), as well as an undergraduate degree in Economic and Regional Development from Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences (Athens, Greece). During and in between her studies she gained work experience, both in the marketing side of the industry as well as in the agency side, holding mostly account handling responsibilities.
Eleni has a wide spectrum of research interests within the area of the firm’s international activities and marketing management.
Her major research interest concerns international business from a marketing perspective and tackles aspects such as:
- International marketing (e.g. international marketing strategy, export marketing & entry modes, global branding and global brand management, global consumer behaviour)
International Entrepreneurship (e.g. entrepreneurial orientation, innovativeness, competitive aggressiveness)
- The role of formal and informal institutions in firms’ international activities and performance (e.g. network ties, emerging markets)
Her doctoral thesis has focused on investigating how export product adaptation affects customer value creation. She is currently involved in a multi-country project examining “Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century” and specifically tackling issues such as export product adaptation, innovativeness, entry-mode and international CSR.
On the side, Eleni is also interested in aspects of marketing management related to:
- Digital marketing/(online) brand management
- Consumer psychology & behaviour (e.g. the role of emotions in marketing settings, consumer’s attitudes and intentions)
She holds experience both in:
- Quantitative research (regression analysis & SEM-structural equation modelling)
- Qualitative research (e.g. interviews), preferably as part of a mixed methods approach
Her work is frequently presented in international conferences and she is extremely keen on supervising students on any of the above-mentioned research areas.
Eleni is teaching both at the undergraduate and the postgraduate levels. She is the class coordinator for the “honours” module of International Business Management. She also teaches Strategic Global Marketing for the students of the MSc International Marketing programme.
Expertise & Capabilities
- International Marketing and Marketing Strategy
- International Entrepreneurship
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Structural Equation Modelling (SEM)
Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Tsougkou, E., Cadogan, J. W., Hodgkinson, I. R., Oliveira, J. S., Story, V. M., Boso, N., Lioliou, E., Laukannen, T., Asmat-Nizam Abdul-Talib , A., Jean, R. "., Beracs, J., Nagy, G., Felzensztein, C., Martínez-López, F. J., Lisboa, A., Bilgin Wührer, Z., Thoumrungroje, A., Schwens, C., Walheiser, D., Ko, E., Sy-Chango, J., Schmitt, J., Souchon, A., Despoudi, S., Eibe Sørensen, H. & Yazdani, N.
1/10/14 → …
Research Output per year
Achieving export competitive advantage: can global orientation and export product adaptation be reconciled?Tsougkou, E., Cadogan, J. W., Hodgkinson, I. R., Oliveira, J. S., Abdul-Talib, A. N., Story, V. M., Boso, N., Despoudi, S. & Lioliou, E., 21 May 2019. 30 p.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract
Activities per year
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Participation in conference
Activity: Publication peer-review and editorial work types › Journal peer review