Projects per year
I am a Reader in the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering. I re-joined the University in 2011 and in 2016 I was awarded a prestigious Chancellor’s Fellow award. I became a Senior Lecturer in 2018 and Reader in 2021. My current activities focus on the area of Artificial Intelligence. My research projects span a wide range of applications and industrial sectors such as:
- Precision Agriculture and Animal Health Monitoring
- Aerospace and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Subsea and Overhead Line Inspection
- Early diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
I am one of the coordinators for the “System for Data-Based Decisions” sub-theme of the Measurement Science and Enabling Technologies (MSET) Strategic Theme.
I am currently accepting PhD applicants and I would be interested in supervising projects that align with my research interests in a variety of applications. If you are interested in discussing an application, please contact me by email and send me an outline of your proposed research topic.
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence:
- Deep Learning Video and Image Analytics
- Data Visualisation
- Feature Extraction and Selection
- Anomaly Detection and Event Classification
Expertise & Capabilities
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Vision
- Edge and Cloud Computing Analytics
- Embedded Programming
- Edge and Cloud Computing Analytics
Currently teaching two classes:
- EE273, EE985 - Engineering Design For Software Development 2: Object oriented programming using C++
- DM996 - Intelligent Sensing, Reasoning And Deep Learning
Modules taught in the past:
- EE579 Advanced Microcontroller Applications - fifth year microcontrollers class using MSP430 in Assembly and C.
- EE987 - Sensor technologies
Academic / Professional qualifications
- PhD in Electronic and Electrical Engineering - University of Strathlcyde, 2008
- MSC in Communications Control and Digital Signal Processing, University of Strathlcyde, 2002
- BEng (Hons) in Communication Systems Engineering - University of Portsmouth, 2001
- Member of the IET and Senior Member IEEE
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
DTP 2224 University of Strathclyde | Sandhu, Parandeep
Cardona Amengual, J., Tachtatzis, C. & Sandhu, P.
EPSRC (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council)
1/10/22 → 1/04/26
Project: Research Studentship - Internally Allocated
DEFGRID - The Utility DSbD Demonstrator (ISCF Digital Security by Design)
Atkinson, R., Andonovic, I., Coffele, F., Irvine, J., Michie, C. & Tachtatzis, C.
1/02/22 → 31/01/25
Deep internal learning for inpainting of cloud-affected regions in satellite imageryCzerkawski, M., Upadhyay, P., Davison, C., Werkmeister, A., Cardona, J., Atkinson, R., Michie, C., Andonovic, I., Macdonald, M. & Tachtatzis, C., 10 Mar 2022, In: Remote Sensing. 14, 6, 18 p., 1342.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Specialized path-based technique to test Internet of Things system functionality under limited network connectivityKlima, M., Bureš, M., Ahmed, B. S., Bellekens, X., Atkinson, R., Tachtatzis, C. & Herout, P., 1 Jul 2023, In: Internet of Things. 22, 27 p., 100706.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile3 Downloads (Pure)
Data for: "New Horizons: Unravelling Anomalous Mass and Heat Transport in Miscible Liquids"
McKechnie, D. (Creator), Tachtatzis, C. (Contributor), Nordon, A. (Contributor), Lue, L. (Contributor) & Cardona Amengual, J. (Supervisor), University of Strathclyde, 28 Mar 2023
Human Walking Motion Radar Simulator
Czerkawski, M. (Creator), Clemente, C. (Supervisor) & Tachtatzis, C. (Supervisor), Zenodo, 2 Feb 2021
DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.4245158, https://github.com/cidcom/human-walking-radar-simulator/tree/0.1.1
Innovate UK KTP Engineering Excellence Award 2021
Stewart, Fraser (Recipient), Tachtatzis, Christos (Recipient), Michie, Craig (Recipient), Atkinson, Robert (Recipient) & Andonovic, Ivan (Recipient), 23 Sep 2021
Prize: Prize (including medals and awards)
Finalist in Herald Higher Education Awards - Outstanding Business Engagement in Universities
Tachtatzis, Christos (Recipient), Atkinson, Robert (Recipient), Michie, Craig (Recipient), Andonovic, Ivan (Recipient) & Stewart, Fraser (Recipient), 31 May 2022
Prize: Other distinction
Pavlos Lazaridis (Guest editor), Euler Cássio Tavares De Macêdo (Guest editor) & Christos Tachtatzis (Guest editor)19 Jan 2023 → 25 Aug 2023
Activity: Publication peer-review and editorial work types › Journal or guest editorship
Artificial Intelligence For Precision Agriculture
Christos Tachtatzis (Speaker)25 Nov 2021
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Invited talk