Projects per year
I am a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering. I re-joined the University in 2011 and in 2016 I was awarded a prestigious Chancellor’s Fellow award to conduct fundamental and industrial research in Sensors and Asset Management. My current activities focus on Internet of Things and Data Analytics technologies. My research projects span a wide range of applications and industrial sectors such as:
- Subsea and Overhead Line Inspection
- Aerospace and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Diver Monitoring
- Asset Analytics Automation
- Partial Discharge Detection in the Power Substations
- Precision Agriculture and Animal Health Monitoring
- Early diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
I am one of the co-ordinators for the “System for Data-Based Decisions” sub-theme of the Measurement Science and Enabling Technologies (MSET) Strategic Theme.
I am currently accepting PhD applicants and I would be interested in supervising projects that align with by research interests in variety of applications. If you are interested in discussing an application, please contact me by email and send me an outline of your proposed research topic.
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence:
- Feature Extraction and Selection
- Anomaly Detection and Event Classification
- Deep Learning Video and Image Analytics
- Data Visualisation
- Internet of Things
- Wireless and Wired Communication Protocols
- Cloud and Edge Computing
- Ultra Low Power ‘Things’
- GPU Intrusion Detection Systems
Expertise & Capabilities
- Communication Networks
- Edge and Cloud Computing Analytics
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Vision
- Embedded Programming
Currently teaching two classes:
- EE273, EE985 - Engineering Design For Software Development 2: Object oriented programming using C++
- EE987 - Sensor technologies
Modules taught in the past:
- EE579 Advanced Microcontroller Applications - fifth year microcontrollers class using MSP430 in Assembly and C.
Academic / Professional qualifications
- PhD in Electronic and Electrical Engineering - University of Strathlcyde, 2008
- MSC in Communications Control and Digital Signal Processing, University of Strathlcyde, 2002
- BEng (Hons) in Communication Systems Engineering - University of Portsmouth, 2001
- Member of the IET and Senior Member IEEE
Lu, S-C., Lee, D., Anzulewicz, A., Sobota, K., Rowe, P., Tachtatzis, C., Andonovic, I. & Delafield-Butt, J., 3 May 2021, p. 1.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Poster › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Downloads (Pure)
Atkinson, R. C., Tachtatzis, C. & Lazaridis, P. I., 29 Jan 2021, In: Sensors. 21, 3, 21 p., 909.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Data for: "Composite Laminate Delamination Detection Using Transient Thermal Conduction Profiles and Machine Learning Based Data Analysis"
Christos Tachtatzis (External Examiner) & Md Moinul Hossain (Examiner)7 Dec 2020
Activity: Examination types › Examination