Projects per year
I am a core researcher within the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre for Electrical Power Systems, within the Institute for Energy and Environment.
I am interested in electrical power systems, in particular the interdependent areas of protection and architecture design, including the control and application of power electronics. My current research has focussed on aero-electrical applications, for both more-electric and hybrid propulsion aircraft. However, solutions and concepts developed through my research are transferable to a range of land-based and marine electrical applications.
Areas of particular interest:
- Electrical power systems for hybrid electric propulsion for future aircraft: architectures and protection system design.
- Impact of structural materials (e.g. composites) on electrical power system design
- Superconducting power systems.
- Microgrids (aerospace, land and marine applications)
Doctor of Philosophy, University of Manchester
- more-electric aircraft
- hybrid electric aircraft
- electrical power systems
- electrical protection
- electrical power system architectures
- power electronics
- turbo-electric distributed propulsion
- carbon fibre reinforced polymer
VibLab: Cross-disciplinary advanced Vibration Laboratory (£32K EPSRC Capital Award for ECRs, £11K Faculty of Engineering Strategic Research Funding)
1/01/19 → …
Project: Equipment only › Equipment Only
3/01/17 → 31/03/17
Project: Internally funded project
Research Output per year
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution book
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Activities per year
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Invited talk
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Participation in conference