Projects per year
I am a research associate in the School of Education interested in understanding innovation in educational settings and exploring localised responses to addressing social inequality. I am Co-Director of Intergenerational Mentoring Network, Cic which develops research-informed practical projects to support schools and communities serving high numbers of pupils from working-class backgrounds. Past and current projects include the following themes:
- Understanding working-class pupil experiences of navigating post-school transitions and orientating to Higher Education
- Developing Intergenerational Mentoring to support working-class transitions to Higher Education and the professions
- Developing Intergenerational Mentoring to support literacy development in primary schools
- Adapting a social practice model of adult literacy for adults with learning difficulties
- Exploring the availability of music education for under 25 year olds in different localities
Wilson, A., Hunter, K. & Moscardini, L., 30 Nov 2020, In: Support for Learning. 35, 4, p. 473-492 20 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile5 Downloads (Pure)
Wilson, A., Hunter, K. & McArthur, K., 1 Feb 2018, Glasgow: University of Strathclyde. 4 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Other reportOpen AccessFile131 Downloads (Pure)
Understanding working class orientations towards higher education - a qualitative study of education decision making practiceAuthor: Hunter, K., 9 Oct 2019
Student thesis: Doctoral Thesis