Silk nanoparticles were produced using a dedicated method. The study aimed to identify the method of intracellular drug delivery used by these particles. Drug delivery and release was measured by mimicking cell lysosomes in vitro and measuring cell associated fluorescence, lysosomal trafficking and nuclear drug delivery with a combination of flow cytometry and live confocal microscopy.
Equipment used in production of data:
- Zetasizer: Zetasizer Nano-ZS (Malvern Instrument, Worcestershire, U.K.)
- Flow cytometer: BD FACSCanto (Becton Dickinson, San Jose, CA, USA)
- Confocal Microscope: Leica TCS-SP5 (Leica Microsystems GmbH, Wetzlar, Germany)
- FACSDiva software: BD FACSDiva v6.3.1 (Becton Dickinson, San Jose, CA, USA)
- Flow Jo software: FlowJo v10.1 (TreeStar, San Carlos, CA, USA)
- ImageJ software: ImageJ v1.51k 1 (National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA)
All datasets provided as zipped folders assigned to each figure.
Figure 1: PEGylating, sizing and zeta potential of silk nanoparticles
- Data provided as two excel sheets within Figure 1 folder:
(i) Particle size and zeta potential.xlsx
(ii) PEGylated silk nanoparticles
Figure 2: Cell-associated fluorescence and lysosomal localisation of silk nanoparticles
- Data provided in prism file named "Figure 2 FACS + linescan data including supplementary Figs 1 + 2".
- Data sets for microscopy and flow cytometry shown in folders:
(i) Confocal Data: raw image files stored here, as well as folders for linescan data and figure 2B. Regions of interest (ROIs) on images are saved in .zip format. Excel documents detailing results also included.
(ii) FACS Data: raw image files stored here, as well as an excel file and .wsp file.
- Data sets provided as three prism files:
(i) %Cumulative release_for6h_n=3
(ii) Dox loading (EE)
(ii) Zeta potential_doxloading
- Data sets in two folders:
(i) "Image Files": Image files for all microscopy data
(ii) Analyses": Folders for each drug formulation tested (DOX, SNP, PEG). These folders include each image analysed along with respective ROIs. The excel file is where results were recorded "23-06-17_DOX-NucleusData_AllExps_FINAL.xlsx". Data analysed by prism in "Figure 4 - DOXinhib"
Supplementary data not contained in the above prism files.